- First, Paul says he is a servant. this is a free and voluntary submission of Paul to Jesus. Paul is so overwhelmed by the grace of Jesus toward him that he freely becomes his slave.
- To be amazed at what God has done at the cross will allow me to freely give myself to Him.
- god has placed a call on my life. It won't be to apostleship but nevertheless there is a call to work in His kingdom.
- My whole existence should be about the gospel. May I never forget that Jesus died for me a wicked sinner.
- Grace has extended down to me from a loving sovereign God. May I receive it daily and pass it on.
Alas! and did my Savior bleed?
And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head
For such a worm as I?
Was it for crimes that I have done
He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! Grace unknown!
And love beyond degree!
Well might the sun in darkness hide
And shut its glories in,
When Christ, the mighty Maker, died
For man the creature's sin.
Thus might I hide my blushing face
While His dear cross appears;
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
And melt mine eyes to tears.
But drops of grief can ne'er repay
The debt of love I owe:
Here, Lord, I give myself away -
'Tis all that I can do!