The book of Numbers

In my daily Bible reading I have come to the book of Numbers the last two days.  If you are like me, you ask yourself why is this here and more importantly what does it have to do with my life?
 
I have several truths that god has given me in the last two days.
 
first, God is in the details.  Moses continually uses the same phrases and sentences over and over when a summary statement would do.  I find myself saying, "get on with it".  But, God wanted the details preserved.  God is interested in the details of His people. 
 
Second, God had Moses write down the names of people.  Not only does god work in the details but He knows each one of us by name.  God knows you better than you know yourself.  That is both frightening and comforting. 
 
Third, God assigned the Levites special tasks to do concerning the Tabernacle.  We read in Ephesians 2:10 that He also has good works for us to do.  God wants us to work  in His kingdom while we are here not just wait for His return. 
 
So, as you come to passages of Scripture that seem meaningless, remember that all Scripture is God breathed and is profitable (II
 Tim 3:16-17). 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment